Do any of the individuals or agencies that supposedly forced the banks to clean up their mortgage loan modification processes care that the banks HAVE NOT DONE WHAT THEY PROMISED TO DO?
Yeah, I didn’t really think so. The banksters had their fingers crossed behind their backs when they promised things like timely reviews and single contact people and actual, you know, modifications of these loans.
Yes, there were Presidential promises and Treasury scoldings and chest thumping by THE AG and all the assorted lesser A’sG. (Seriously, does anyone even know if Eric Schneidermann is still alive? He and his Financial Fraud Task Force certainly disappeared into the black hole of Washington’s do-nothing committees on studying the study of the alleged wrongoing by some unnamed alleged doer of wrong.)
Yes, there were well-publicized settlements for amounts that seemed gigantic to the average human but look relatively small when viewed in the context of the mega-salaries of Stumpf and Dimon and cronies.
But nothing has really changed in how the banks deal with beleaguered homeowners trying to hold their finances and their homes together. How do I know? From the people who visit my blog and leave comments like the recent one from TR. She reports the same kinds of nonsense I faced during my fight with the loan-mod-fraud crowd at Wells Fargo starting back in 2010.
TR writes: “When we tried to contact our “home preservation specialist”, our calls were never returned. I believe that they could care less about their customers and the needs of their customers. We want to save our home, but they are making it impossible when they will NOT return calls and hang up on you every time you call.”
TR has come to the same conclusion I and millions of others did, namely that the system is so stacked against us that we can’t win no matter how hard we try or how sensible it would be for the bank to re-structure our loans and keep us in our homes.
“I am frustrated beyond words and have had many sleepless nights, days full of anger and tears,” she writes. “I am now ready to walk away from the only home my children have known and begin anew. I have no choice but to walk away knowing WE tried every avenue only to have the doors slammed in our face.
Yeah, been there. You jump through all their hoops foreward, backward and sideways and still there are more lies and no positive end in sight.
So, just in case the President or Congress or the Comptroller of the Currency or the new Treasury secretary or any entity in the entire nation with legal power cares, the banks are STILL SCREWING OVER HOMEOWNERS AND STEALING HOUSES.
Need more examples? Here are just a few of the web search phrases that have brought people to my blog in the past 30 days:
- keep getting shut down for mortgage modification from wells fargo
- unapplied funds mortgage wells fargo loan mod
- wells fargo bait and switch tactics 2014
- wells fargo why are they not doing modifications
- why the hell does wells fargo keep sending someone by my house
- does wells fargo try to trick defendant of foreclosure before trial
- wells fargo is terrible at home loan modifications why?
- wells fargo trial mortage payment rip off
- wells fargo home loan modification scams
- how can a 3 month trial mod go to 4 months
- is wells fargo still screwing people
- if wells fargo got paid and still trying to foreclose
- hamp and trial loan modification was scam
- wells fargo mortgage specialist abuse